Retransmission counter clear
This task should add the possibility to distinguish between retransmit counter clear by error frame / arbitration.
Right now, retransmitt options are: RTRLE - Retransmit limit enable (0-1) RTRTH - Retransmit threshold (0-15).
With these options, we can configure the device to following behavior:
- RTRLE = 0. Retransmit limit disabled. Device attempts to retransmit forever.
- RTRLE = 1, RTRTH > 0. Retransmit limit enabled. The device will retransmit only RTRTH times. This means that if RTRTH = 2, the device will attempt 3 transmissions (regular + 2 retransmissions).
- RTRLE = 1, RTRTH = 0. Retransmitt limit enabled, but 0 retransmissions are allowed. This is the so-called "Single shot mode".
Right now each retransmission is treated as equal (either due to arbitration loss or error frame)
The aim of this task is to add configuration bit (preferably to SETTINGS register) which will differentiate this behavior for retransmissions due to arbitration lost or error frame.
Two behavior can be like so:
- Both are treated equal (as till now).
- When arbitration is lost, this is not considered as "retransmission". Thus transmissions of the same frame due to arbitration loss will be infinite.
I leave it up to the implementer how to name this bit however, I would like to have the default behavior (reset value) the same as now (all retransmissions treated equally).